Sewage Treatment Plants
Gar Construction Ltd are specialist installers of sewage treatment plants covering Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Shropshire area. We have over 20 years experience and are approved sewage treatment plant installers and contractors for WTE.
Alongside the installation of sewage treatment plants we can also help with repairs, servicing and maintenance of sewage treatment systems.
If you’re not sure if you need a sewage treatment plant or if you have a STP that needs to be serviced or upgraded please get in touch for a free quotation and advice.
What is a Sewage Treatment Plant?
A sewage treatment plant is a system that processes the waste from a property, this is processed by the system, commonly by aerobic digestion which results in the separation and treatment of solids and liquids. What comes out of the plant is essentially water, the quality will depend on your system. The water is then safely discharged to a nearby watercourse, ditch, or underground soakaway. A soakaway simply collects and disperses the water which is then absorbed into the ground.
What is a Septic Tank?
Unlike a sewage treatment plant, Septic tanks are far simpler systems, they have no capability to treat waste, and the effluent discharged is not safe for the environment. Under the new 2020 Septic Tank Regulations, you will no longer be able to discharge to a ditch or watercourse from a septic tank. If you have an existing Septic Tank it will likely affect your ability to sell your house. If you need some advice about your old septic tank and how to replace it with a new sewage treatment plant please contact us.
What type of Sewage Treatment Plant will I need?
WTE Vortex Sewage Treatment Plants
The Vortex Sewage Treatment Plant from WTE is the only adjustable eco electric sewage treatment system in the UK, this has much lower running costs than all non-electric sewage treatment plants. The Vortex system is approved by the Environment Agency and is on the British Water Certified List.
Vortex Features include:
- 10 year tank warranty
- Extremely clean effluent – up to 98.9% pollutant reduction
- Fully adjustable to suit the number of people using it
- The lowest electricity consumption of any electric plant – from only £25/year
- Low maintenance costs
- One piece tank construction
- Very small size enables economic installation in tight spaces
- The Vibro-Screen™ retains wipes, tampons etc. out of the plant but lets organic solids through
- No metalwork to corrode inside or outside the tank
- Suitable person range is 4, 6, 9, 12, 16, 21 and 30.
We are approved WTE Vortex Sewage Treatment Plant Installers, for a free quotation and advice please get in touch.
WTE Apex Sewage Treatment Plant
The Apex Sewage Treatment Plant is ideal for campsites, caravan parks, and holiday parks – as the WTE Apex Biodigester has a unique recycling system which balances the flow, especially where there is intermittent flow and seasonal fluctuations in volume. The Apex sewage treatment system offers an extremely efficient and discreet means of sewage disposal.
Apex Features include:
- 25 year tank warranty
- EN 12566-3 certified
- Very low electric consumption
- Very clean discharge
- One-piece tank construction – the unit can never leak, unlike many plants made in 2 pieces
- Very Quiet operation
- Manufactured entirely from robust and corrosion-free materials
- Can be left for up to 4 months without the need for re-starting due to the bacteria being trickle fed with food during absences.
- Pumped and gravity outlet options
- Alarms are standard
- Can be designed to be installed above ground if required
- Can be made to suit any drain depth
We are approved WTE Apex Sewage Treatment Plant Installers, for a free quotation and advice please get in touch.